[nagdu] Lack of speed

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 00:52:52 UTC 2013

Thank you all for the ideas. They are things I will mention to my instructor. Of course I will call him tomorrow, but having some ideas to bring to the table will show him I am seriously interested in working on these problems. Yes, the gentle leader was introduced at school to help with sniffing. It helps with that so I don't have to keep giving corrections that aren't benefiting in the long run in relation to her sniffing. Faye gets lots of play time, but I haven't taken her to the dog park yet because of that deadly virus. She runs around the apartment like a chicken with its head cut off when I play gonna get you with her. We don't play tug because the school advised against it, but we also play a lot of fetch down the hall, and she sometimes gets to run around in a friend's yard.
She is definitely not getting fat. In fact, I am upping her food intake because she is looking kinda skinny. She gets a high quality food that is low on fillers, and only gets healthy homemade treats. She now has so many toys I have to rotate them out. And we do obedience training with all play sessions.
I took the gentle leader off her this evening and she was back to her normal speed, but she did sniff a lot more. So maybe the gentle leader isn't the solution, but nothing is definitely not the solution either. I will update on what my instructor and I decide to try.
Jewel