[nagdu] walking in to people

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 04:10:11 UTC 2013

Correcting your dog will do nothing if she does not know that she's
running you into people.
I would suggest you set up similar situations with friends or family,
and try to work her around them. Instruct the people helping you not
to move. I think the problem is that your dog expects people to move
out of the way, which is obviously not always going to happen. So do
these exercises, and when your dog does not work around them, stop and
tap the person saying: "No," "watch it," or "careful," then rework it.
Getting this right could take anywhere from a few times in one session
to a few days. Practice this inside, outside, in a room, hallway, and
wherever you can set it up.
This is what will ultimately fix the situation.

On 10/5/13, Stephanie Mitchell <naturelovingmom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am looking for advice. I plan on contacting my trainer tomorrow but
> thought I'd run it past you all, and see if any one has had this issue.
> Gypsy has started to run me in to people. It has happened quite a few times
> now. Just this afternoon, I was walking in our local shopping centre. There
> were 2 people talking, just standing there and Gypsy tried to walk in
> between the 2 people, and in the process I hit one of them. Stan saw it
> happen and said that Gypsy had heaps and heaps of room to go around them.
> Anyway, is there anything I can do about this? I cant re work the situation
> as the person already moved. If I correct her, would she know why I did it?
> Just not sure what to do about it.
> Steph
>
> Learn Piano anywhere
> www.mitchellpianostudio.com