[nagdu] Guide Dog Schools

Hannah Chadwick sparklylicious at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 18:24:42 UTC 2013

Hey,
Welcome to the list.  I'm working my second guide, Spritz.  She
is from Guide Dogs for the Blind.  She is a black lab; I got her
over the summer.
Since I'm a college student and having had a previous dog that
was very high-maintenance, I knew I would need financial
assistance and after support.  Those were two of the major things
I looked for when I applied to schools.  The training methods
(positive vs negative) used in schools also mattered to me.  Of
course which may vary on an individual and team basis, but I've
come to realize that food rewards go a long way.  My first dog
was from Pilot because I wanted a poodle, but she retired after
almost a year.  My training experience at Pilot was good, but I
wasn't as experienced so I didn't have the necessary tools to
manage such a high-strung dog.  Please email me off-list if you
have further questions.  Good luck with the application process
and all that.
Best, Hannah and Spritz