[nagdu] Treatment of People with Guide Dogs

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Fri Sep 13 05:44:29 UTC 2013

Nicole, I think the issue is that people don't really understand the
partnership of dog and handler. Its hard to veiw the dog as a tool as well
as a dog. Conversly, its hard for some folks to veiw blind folks as whole
folks. Most issues are caused by folks who iether find the dog the
intelligent one or think its a glorified pet. They want the dog to have more
rights than the handler does! I sure don't know why? Given the fact that
shepherds in the police department for example, are veiwed more as tools
than our dogs are. I have seen many of those dogs who are just as friendly
as any others but folks give them a lot more respect than they do ours.