[nagdu] The Breed or the Dog

Shanna Stichler slstich at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 22:46:35 UTC 2013

That's what I did as well when I needed a new dog from a program. I
remember when I got Nestle, I was not very happy that I was getting
another Lab. I don't have anything against Labs, but my previous 2 dogs
were that breed, and they didn't work out for a number of reasons. I'm
glad I didn't insist on waiting for the GSD I wanted because Nestle was
exactly the dog I needed at that point in my life. Of course, I also
knew that GDB only had a few GSDS in their program, and I didn't want to
wait a year or so for them to find one that would work for me.

That said, I think it's fine to be picky about breeds if you really are
set on a certain one. Just be prepared to wait until the school can find
a dog of that breed matching your needs.

Shanna and Diamond