[nagdu] Doggie eating chicken?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 21:48:57 UTC 2014

First, microwaving food for anyone is unhealthy.
Second, Raw meat is digested quickly by dogs, and so the opportunity
for the food to sit and harbor bacteria in the GI tract is highly
unlikely. Kibble is more likely to harbor salmonella given its
exposure to ghastly conditions, and because it is digested slower.
Thirdly, Salmonella and bacteria are everywhere. They're on your
hands, shoes, floors, clothes, counter tops,. You can't avoid it.
Fortunately, everyone has an immune system that protects their body
from becoming ill upon exposure to every species of microorganism.
This is a non-issue.

On 4/13/14, Larry D. Keeler <lkeeler at comcast.net> wrote:
> I usually take those pieces and cook them in a microwave for a minute or two
>
> without spicing them or anything. For me, the risk of giving or getting
> salmonelloa from raw chicken is too great. So I would cook them. I would
> also give the dog the neck flesh without the bones. Many dogs can choke omn
>
> those.

Raven