[nagdu] GPS and dogs

Brandy Pinder bdpinder at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 13:30:34 UTC 2014

Hi all,
There are an increasing amount of gps's out there. I feel like a very inadequate blind person not having one. Smile. Usually I travel in the safety of the grid of Manhattan and limit my wanderings to the outside boroughs. Though in this day and age that is ridiculous not to mention I do travel out of state a lot. Which ones have people used. I am hearing some about blind square and the seeing eye app. Anybody tried both? What does each offer? I need more of a type in address get directions type deal than a quote find the nearest blah blah, end quote.  And which works best with a dog or does it matter? Anyone use trekkor?
Thanks

brandy pinder
Alumni Council -  second vice Chairman
Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc®
and America's VetDogs®, The Veteran's K-9 Corps Inc®
Providing "Second uSight"® since 1946

371 E. Jericho Turnpike smith town ny 11766
Cso: 866-282-8047
Email: brandydp at verizon.net
Cell: 304-685-4499