[nagdu] Question about keeping my sheppard busy... and a newreteen.

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 14:33:30 UTC 2014

There are a variety of food puzzles out there that you can get on
amazon and other websites. A couple that I bought for my dog is the
Kong Wobbler and the Petsafe Busy Buddy Magic Mushroom. She absolutely
loves the mushroom, which looks exactly like it sounds. You unscrew
the cap at the end of the stem, put kibble in there and then adjust
the difficulty level with the mushroom head. This toy is one of the
harder ones because the holes are located underneath the mushroom head
so the dog has to really work at rolling the mushroom around to get
the kibble to fall out; it took my dog two hours to get all the food
out the last time I let her play with it.

The Kong Wobbler is another good option, but you really have to be
careful about buying the right size for your dog because if it's a
larger size, then it's too heavy for them to play with. The Wobbler
looks like a regular shaped Kong but it's made out of plastic with one
large hole on the side. The base is filled with some material to help
it stand up, and the dog use their paw to bat the kong around and make
it roll to dispense the food. I bought Viva the large Wobbler, but it
was too heavy for her to bat around--she's about 50 pounds. I gave it
to my boyfriend's dog instead and he's absolutely obsessed with it;
he's a bigger boy at 75 pounds. The only down side to the Wobbler is
that you can't adjust the difficulty level because there's only one
hole, but it's still challenging nevertheless.

Minh