[nagdu] Changing my Petting Policy

Kristen kskristen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 16:23:57 UTC 2014

I've never changed Corvette's name for people.  Rarely, you will
meet nice people who start conversations about your dog, but it
certainly grows annoying.

I have no vision, so I think it is hard to tell when people are
petting.  Sometimes, we will be walking, and someone will pet his
back end or head without me even knowing.  If I have sighted
people with me, I usually ask them to tell me when someone is
petting, so I can politely stop them.  (You wouldn't think they
would as much because I had to order a sign that reads: "Do not
pet me; I am working.") However, if I don't know to say something
in time, too many sneaky pets can distract him.

A lot of people also make the misconception that it's okay to pet
when he is off his lead without first asking me.  In general, I
never let anyone pet, no matter if he is working or not.

--
Kristen