[nagdu] Changing my Petting Policy

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Wed Apr 30 02:44:49 UTC 2014

Julie,

It seems I get fewer pet requests since we moved away from dog-friendly
Portland. Folks here seem pretty well educated about working dogs,
although there are very few moving about. I would have thought it would
be the other way around. /shrug/ Of course, I'm not passing as many
folks per outing as I did in the city with its greater population
density, so that probably makes a difference, too. I get the impression
Mitzi appreciates being allowed to do her job and mind her own business
more, so that she is less interested in interacting with people who do
want to pet her. Anyway, local culture and number of people per square
mile do seem to play a role. I know her poodle adorability can attract a
lot of attention, and the fact that her "back-off" look is more cute
than scary.

Tami