[nagdu] How Do They Know

Craig Heaps craig.heaps at comcast.net
Fri Feb 28 15:58:26 UTC 2014

We raised our children with a yellow Lab.  He was not a guide dog.  He had
virtually no formal training other than sit, down, and get out of the way.
Yet, amazingly, he knew this trick.  If you dropped food on the floor, his
response was swift and sure.  He was there to sweep it up.  Sometimes he
didn't wait for us to drop it.  He ate cheese ball off the coffee table one
Christmas.  He ate an entire loaf of homemade bread.  He ate a pound of
butter (but he gave it back later).