[nagdu] grooming tools

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 02:38:46 UTC 2014

I have a golden so I find that the slicker brush is pretty mediocre
compared to other brushes out there. I use it in companion with
another brush. ... Gosh, I don't know the brand, but it's wooden with
hard bristles on one side and soft bristles on the other. I also use a
rake on the Golden guy, especially if he's blowing coat.
I brush him out once a day before we go out in the morning. I give him
a thorough brushing and combing 3 to 4 times a week.
Personally, I don't like the Furminator. I've never used it on my
golden, but when I groom other dogs at the shelter, it's a tool that's
available. It is not effective in removing and collecting large
amounts of hair, and it's especially horrible if a dog is blowing coat
or just shedding profusely. I'd rather use a human hair brush on a dog
than a Furminator.

On 1/25/14, Rebecca Ilniski <rilniski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.  I'm wondering if you use any grooming tools aside from the
> slicker brush and comb that your school provides.  I have a Furminator
> so have been using that a few times a week.  If you have the firminator
> how often do you use it and if you've tried any other grooming tools I'd
> be interested in hearing about them.  Thanks.
>
> --
> Rebecca and Zeb
> email: rilniski at gmail.com
> facebook: www.facebook.com/rebeccai5