[nagdu] Discrimination Under the Golden Arches

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Jul 17 02:45:06 UTC 2014

Larry:

In the mid 1980's I worked for a place that used
volunteers.  One of the volunteers did worked for
United Airlines, she did flight attendant
training.  We were having problems with United at
the time, and there was training.  She said for
big companies, two huge problems were getting
everyone trained, and getting everybody to act properly and consistently.

I am sure this is an even bigger problem with a
company like McDonalds.  They are huge with
hundreds of thousands of employees, most of whom
are only paid minimum wage, many of whom work for
franchises, and are of widely varying
abilities.  We are probably lucky this kind of thing doesn't happen more often.

Dave

E-Mail:  dandrews at visi.com or david.andrews at nfbnet.org