[nagdu] Problems with air travel

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 19:09:13 UTC 2014

My retired guide Bianca was terrified of flying. It was a trial flying with
her. It was one of the reasons I retired her when she was only eight. She
could have worked longer, and her work was excellent. But I was working at
GDB then, and my job required me to fly sometimes. It sort of broke my heart
making her fly when she hated it so much. She'd whine and drool, and worst
of all, wouldn't even take kibble or carrots or ice chips. The first couple
times we flew, she'd try to run down the aisle when the plane took off and
it would take all my strength to hold her in place. The only time she did
well was when she could curl up under a seat in front of her, but we didn't
sit like that often because my right leg doesn't bend and I can't usually
sit in a normal row of seats!

Sherry