[nagdu] {Disarmed} Fwd: Guide Dogs for the Blind eUpdate

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Thu Jun 5 23:27:09 UTC 2014

Nicole

If this email isn't displaying properly, click here to view the web version.

New CEO: Chris Benninger

Guide Dogs for the Blind welcomed Christine Benninger (Chris) as its new CEO on April 7th. Chris brings a wealth of experience from the non-profit and for-profit sectors that will help Guide Dogs for the Blind (GDB) continue as leaders and innovators in its field. Chris spent 17 years leading the Humane Society Silicon Valley. During her tenure there, she and her team's progressive approach helped save the lives of tens of thousands of animals and greatly reduce pet overpopulation problems in Santa Clara County. Under her leadership, the organization was also able to raise $25.5 million to build The Animal Community Center -- the first facility of its kind in the country.

Chris honed her business skills as an auditor with Arthur Andersen & Co. as well as in her 15 years with Hewlett Packard Corporation. At HP, Chris held managerial positions in the U.S. as well as in Europe. She holds an M.B.A. from Stanford University. Read Chris's bio on our website .

Chris is excited to be joining GDB and shares "I am thrilled to have been chosen as the next CEO for Guide Dogs for the Blind. It's an amazing organization and it's such an honor to be part of its team."

Evolved Website

GDB is very excited to announce the launch of our interim website. We've translated our new look and feel to the web and we hope you like it! Our new home page provides more direct access to three of our most popular "doors", namely: apply, donate, and volunteer. We have added large marquees (or transitional sliders) at the top of the home page to highlight different messages ranging from our new video, to graduate accomplishments, to volunteer opportunities. We have also upgraded some of the most heavily visited pages with new imagery, copy updates, and more. We are planning on completing a more extensive overhaul of the entire site over time, but for now we are tickled pink to celebrate our progress.

Visit guidedogs.com for a look at all the new changes .

Danelle goes to the White House

GDB graduate and professional downhill skier Danelle Umstead, who took Bronze in the Sochi Paralympic Games with her husband Rob as her guide, recently had the opportunity to visit the White House and speak with President Obama. Pictured is Danelle's Yellow Lab guide dog Aziza in front of the White House podium.

"Our visit to The White House today was amazing. Reunited with The Obamas … President shakes my hand, touches the medal, and says 'Congratulations, you did it again!' … What? Honored he remembered from four years ago! He and the First Lady had a touching speech and we sat right there." - GDB graduate Danelle Umstead

Click here to watch a recent news story about Danelle.

Unsubscribe | Change Contact Info | Feedback | Privacy Statement | GuideDogs.com Home

If you know someone who is blind, please tell them about GDB.
Under the ADA, businesses that serve the public must allow access
to people with disabilities using service animals.
Guide Dogs wearing harnesses are at work. Please allow them to do their jobs!

© 2014 Guide Dogs for the Blind, All Rights Reserved.

nonprofit software