[nagdu] fear and correction

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Jun 12 18:01:09 UTC 2014

At home I call Monty to me and praise him for coming.  If him leaving the
situation and coming to me doesn't seem to enhance his calm I will use
calming petting or tell him to down and stay until the UPS delivery guy is
gone or the neighbors are done with their loud conversation in the street or
whatever.  With Monty, it's an alert behavior.  he wants me to know there's
something going on.  when I acknowledge that, he usually quits.

Admittedly, he's kind of barky at home.  I've just come to accept that he's
always going to let me know there's something happening outside.
Interestingly he does not feel the need to bark when we are out and about.
I'm okay with this arrangement.

Julie