[nagdu] Adjustment from working with a king to a dog

Elisabeth Clark Darthsylva94 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 15:33:54 UTC 2014

Hi guys,
I haven't got a dog yet, but have done several walks with a few
dogs through three different schools and am looking at getting a
dog.

One thing I don't understand is the fact that I feel most
confident with my cane vs the confidence I have while walking
with a guidedog.  I feel that my cane gives me more feedback on
my surroundings and I can sense the unevenness of the ground
better than what I can with a guidedog.  I also know they try to
pull you around obsticals, but I'm not good with following a dog.
With my cane, I can use the tapping technique and echo location
to get around obsticals and find that much easier.  Did any of
you experience the same problem?

Cheers, Liz.

Sent from my Braillenote Apex.