[nagdu] Picking Up Toys was RE: Figuring out what I need in adog

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Mar 6 18:05:58 UTC 2014

I taught Monty to put his toys away.  I used Raven's method with only slight
variation.  the trouble I ran into was that Monty would put his toys away,
but then he would immediately take something else out.   He also learned
that he was rewarded for putting the toys away, so he'd take out even more
toys so he could put them away so he could get treats.  *sigh*  The joys of
smart dogs!

I gave up.  I'm sure with more effort I could have taught him to leave the
toys in the box once they were put away, but it seemed that would take all
the joy out of his wanting to drag out all the toys.

Julie