[nagdu] Tight fit of PAWZ Boots; WAS: Anyone interested in PAWZ boots?

Karyn & Thane bcpaws4me at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 05:03:16 UTC 2014

I use different boots for different circumstances. I have used the PAWZ
boots with great difficulty I might add. They were definitely not designed
with hand limitations in mind.
The biggest drawbacks I have found are the difficulty in getting them on and
how tight they fit. I realize the tight fit is necessary to prevent them
from falling off, but if worn long enough, they can impede circulation.
I think the best uses for these style boots are first aid, temporary use for
keeping healing injury dry while being out for busy or limited work
necessity. Though they recommend them for hot pavement, I definitely would
not be putting such a hot material on my dog and going out in hot weather
for any length of time (other than to busy)

I think it is a matter of making appropriate choices based on the
circumstances.

I used these when Thane had a foot infection since he is one who will
sometimes urinate on himself--- not a leg raiser. In circumstances where he
really needs boots, I opt for Ultra Paws brand dog boots because they
actually work for Thane (though I found that he does better with a smaller
size than their size charts recommend) Ruffwear boots work well for some
dogs, but after their first redesign and with subsequent ones I have watched
their boots become less and less feasible for many dogs (including mine)
The key is to find ones that work and like any training/ working gear
evaluate and use it in the appropriate circumstances.
I personally won't use PAWZ boots much since Thane has wide wrists but for
some with dogs whose feet/ wrists are more slender, these may actually be
more of an asset. SUPERB for first aid/ limited need to keep a foot
completely dry though grin

Karyn and Thane