[nagdu] Natures variety

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 01:11:29 UTC 2014

Hi Brandy,
I don't know anything about the food you mentioned, but the fat issue is very individual.  For example, dogs with kidney disease need to eat a low phosphorous, high fat diet.  Laveau's diet is very, very high fat and no she is not fat— just the opposite.  The meat she eats is about 25% fat.
My dogs have eaten raw since they come to live with me and I tend to feed fattier cuts such as pork, beef, lamb and dark meat chicken, because they keep weight better with a higher fat diet.  There is really no need to limit fat unless your dog has a pancriatic issue or something like high bloodpressure.  I did have a dog with high blood pressure so she ate lower fat things like turkey and light meat chicken.
If your dog is used to eating lower fat, she may take a very slow adjusting to a higher fat diet.

Rox'E and the Kitchen Bitches
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
“America has only three cities:  New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans.  Everywhere else is Cleveland.” –Tennessee Williams
pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone