[nagdu] Off-Leash Recall

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 14:09:10 UTC 2014

I began working on the off-leash recall before I even left the guide
dog program. The dorm room was the perfect setting to familiarize my
dog with my cues of choice, and I took advantage of that immediately.
When I returned to Michigan from New York, I started over again, then
took the training sessions outside.
Growing up and even in class, I saw people's dogs getting away from
them and them just yelling their dogs' name and for their dogs to
come. I vowed that that would never be me, and I vow to never run
after any dog. So far so good.

Raven