[nagdu] Dogs in the Dorms

Aleeha Dudley via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Fri May 16 21:13:29 UTC 2014

Hi,
     I lived in a dorm for a very short period of time last summer,
right after I got my dog. I would suggest not having a roommate, as
many dorm rooms, especially doubles, can be very tight anyway. You'll
want a place out of the way in your room (if the bed sits high enough
off the ground, you can use the space under it), for a crate or bed
where your dog can feel like she is comfortable and out of the way if
things get hectic. I would also suggest a tray to place the dogs bowls
on if she is a sloppy eater or drinker, especially if the dorm is
carpeted. At no time did I ever let Dallas off leash in the halls with
me, not did I take him to the laundry room. I typically did not have
the hands for this. I did not allow interaction with him, partially
because he was so new, partially because I did not want a ton of
different people threatening my and Dallas's partnership. I wish you
the best of luck with college. :)
Aleeha and Dallas, who are happily living in an apartment and greatful
for no more dorms