[nagdu] Service Dog's 'evacuation' forces emergencylanding ofUS Airways flight to PHL

Cindy Ray via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Sat May 31 22:11:34 UTC 2014

Well, I think t he whole thing is more because they ran out of equipment to handle the situation and had to land in Kansas City. In rethinking it, I think I have to be understanding after reading Liz’s and Greg’s messages. If you are going to get a report, then you have to interview. If you interview, people will take full advantage of the opportunity to interview and say things. The whole incident was an unfortunate load that got unloaded and so I am not sure there was all that much hostility toward the dog or its handler. And, of course, people who don’t have kids and who either don’t have dogs, don’t like dogs, and/or don’t use dogs as service dogs are likely to know all about how the dogs are to be cared for and what should have been done, etc. If it was a child, the same thing would have actually happened. And really, mostly people fussed about the inconvenience and the stench. I might well have done the same thing.

Cindy Lou
cindyray at gmail.com