[nagdu] dog breed question

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 02:16:07 UTC 2014

Hi John, any dog can get health issues.  I really don't think
that you can say, as a general rule that a particular dog breed
has health issues.  Personally I believe that there are lots of
factors that go into whether a dog is healthy or not.  Genetics
plays a big, big role.  One of the things that Seeing Eye does is
ask if we will voluntarily give them information, should a dog
get ill with some kind of inherited disease.  They are trying, as
are several other schools, to breed so that those genes are not
the dominant ones.  I think Labs are great.  They can be very
gentle, laid back dogs, who want to please.  They also seem to
have memories like an elephant.  Lol.    Peace,    Debby and
Neena