[nagdu] Discrimination

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Sun Nov 30 23:59:43 UTC 2014

I don't know if anyone remembers, but during the 1990s Denny's was the
restaurant that would not serve President Clinton's secret service
members because they were African American.  Not too long after that
hit the news we were travelling between Houston and Dallis and stopped
at a Denny's for lunch.  My first guide dog was sitting between our
table and another table. The couple at the other table loved the dog
and showed us their dog in the car when we left.  My dog was out of
the way but no one ever served either table.  Our waitress was afraid
of dogs and I can accept that, but the manager should have arranged
for someone else to serve us.  It was only the 2 tables with the dog
between them that did not receive service.  Cindy, I should have been
more assertive too.  We did get our meals free.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053