[nagdu] licensing guides

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Oct 2 09:09:26 UTC 2014

Abigail,

I actually agree with your trainer, in part.  I'm not sure about the part
about the dog already being licensed, but I do agree that we shouldn't have
to pay to have a guide dog licensed.  To me the law states that no fees,
taxes or other money can be charged for the presence of a guide dog.  I
think this includes my home, public sidewalks, parks etc.  The law is the
law for Wal-Mart and my local government.  If Wal-Mart can't charge a fee
for me to have my guide with me in the store, then why is it okay for my
county to charge me a fee to have my guide in their county?  It doesn't add
up to me.

Of course, this is my opinion and as you have seen Marion disagrees.

Julie