[nagdu] From GDB: Good News for guide dog handlers in California

Dudley Hanks dhanks at dudley-hanks.com
Sat Oct 4 04:42:18 UTC 2014

Actually, the grammar is fine, at least it is if we are considering modern usage ...

The word attack simply refers back to what has been attacked, rather than what has done the attacking.

It is no different than other commonly used phrases such as:
The law helps victims of child abuse...
The law provides support for victims of sex assault ...
The law provides support for victims of domestic violence ...

We don't dwell on the literal interpretation of these phrases, simply how they are used in ordinary conversation.

Hope this helps.
Dudley, with Michener