[nagdu] Class day 4

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:54:30 UTC 2014

Tracy,
Your boy sounds great, very spirited and hardworking.

Both goldens and labs typically mature between 2 to 3 years of age.
And some dogs always have puppy in them, where they display very
immature behaviors like having a rough mouth, retrieving objects, and
so on. This is why I personally chose to settle for an adult dog to
avoid those things. I think with my experience now, I would be able to
handle a younger dog. But when I first got the Golden Guy, I was a
first-time dog owner and dog handler, and even dealing with an adult
dog was a challenge. I can't imagine having thrown in all the perks
and quirks of an adolescent.
I wish you many miles with your new partner.

On 10/30/14, debby phillips via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Ah Tracy! They do seem so young when compared with our older
> dogs.  (Smile).  Neena is settling down nicely (most of the time)
> and I thought she never would, so Krokus will settle down, too.
> He sounds so wonderful.  (Smile).    Peace,    Debby and Neena

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com