[NAGDU] very quick food change

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Dec 21 18:32:33 UTC 2015

I have been feeding Great Life Grainfree Buffalo, Limited Ingredient.  I
have been buying it from Amazon, because my local pet store can't get the
limited formula.  However, when I opened the bag we got last week, it
smelled rancid, like cooking oil that's been sitting around too long.  It
didn't smell good at all.  I suspect it had been sitting around an Amazon
warehouse for a while.
So we decided not to use it, and to switch to whatever similar thing we
could get locally, which was Taste of the Wild Bison and Venison.  We
switched the guys over in 2 meals, because we were very nearly out of the
old bag of food.  Happily, the switch has gone very well--no trouble at
all, even for old Ben and his sensitive tummy.  And, as a plus, the Taste
of the Wild smells good, nice and fresh.
I might stay with it, except it had a recall last year, and it has
chicken, which may be an allergen for Krokus.  So I'm thinking of
switching back to a food I fed for years, Canidae, except now grain-free
and buffalo, which seems to agree with the boys.  I don't find any recall
notices for Canidae.
Just thought I'd share.  Amazon doesn't seem to be a good source for dog
food, and, in a pinch, it's possible to change foods very quickly.
Tracy