[nagdu] Wrangler, the Today show dogÉ

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 11 02:40:55 UTC 2015

Hi!
A conversation on twitter has brought to mind Wrangler, the GEB puppy-in-training who is spending a great deal of time on the Today show.  Does anyone have any thoughts?
I think it's great that this dog is worming his way into the hearts of viewers all over the USA, but I wonder what perception he will leave for viewers about guide dogs?  Will this raise awareness for the important work that guide dogs do?  Or will - if Wrangler completes training successfully - he be viewed as a cute fluffball of a pet who maybe has some extra training?

I don't think there's any right or wrong answers, but I wonder what thoughts anyone has about this?

Daryl