[nagdu] differences between service dogs and pets

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Feb 25 15:59:23 UTC 2015

Hello all!

What would you say to a person who is considering getting a guide or service dog, who has had pets before, but not a service dog.  What are the differences in handling, care, behavior etc.?  I’m not meaning the going into no pets stores, but more about your expectations and how you interact with the dog.  I have my own ideas, but will hold out to see what others think.

Curiously,
Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC
Visit my new website on developing courage and living authentically:
http://www.falling-up.com