[nagdu] Combo dogs

Bridget Walker bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
Fri Feb 27 16:45:43 UTC 2015

I really think everyone has brought out some solid points about guide dog training the public does not understand. From my own observations it seems the public thinks a guide dog is like a GPS programmed to read the handler's mind. As if a guide dog does not require any special skills to do their job. We know it is not true.
I do not want to rehash the complex skills like counter conditioning, intelligent disobedience, or targeting. There is just so much.
It is true a guide dog can be tasked trained for other things we know this but, not many people take it on. I don't think people really understand what they are getting in to.
I do not think anyone can understand the work of a guide dog team until they live it.
Bridget

Sent from my iPad