[nagdu] issue with guide dog eating snow that is fresh

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Sun Jan 4 17:53:29 UTC 2015

I have had dogs as pets and as dog guides.  It is not harmful for a
dog to eat snow.  It could be, as others have said, harmful if the
snow is dirty or has chemicals.  I agree with what other people have
said.  If your goal is to stop the dog from eating things on the
ground you should correct him in the way you were taught.  If the
concern is the snow itself, then, a dog eating some snow is not
harmful.  We have a fenced yard so when my dog is out there she eats
it, runs in it, throws it in the air, and generally, has fun.  If she
is on leash, she cannot eat it.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053