[nagdu] guide dog and parents issue

Nimer Jaber nimerjaber1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 21:31:54 UTC 2015

Hello John and all,

Part of owning a guide is being able to take care of that guide and not
allowing anyone, and I mean anyone stand in the way of how you choose to
handle your dog. Your school might be willing to speak to your parents
or something...but ultimately you are in control.

Having said that, your dog is a dog and needs time to run and play.
Finding an area where your dog can be a dog is really a good idea. Not
that your dog should be allowed off leash each place you go...but your
dog is a dog and has energy and wants to run and snort and play and roll
around and and and...parents don't generally expect their kids to sit in
a chair and do nothing all day. In that same manner, we shouldn't expect
for our dogs to be serious and never get their energy out, either.