[nagdu] Stinky doggie!

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Thu Jan 15 02:25:40 UTC 2015

A bath should help. If the smell comes back right away, that will tell
you something. Do you use a furminator or anything like that? My
sister's lab gets stinky if she doesn't use the furminator to remove the
undercoat. If she keeps that up, then he is a nice-smelling lab.

I've found that aloe vera gel can remove odors nicely, although it can
dry the coat, so I follow it up with olive oil or something like that.
And there's always vinegar. Um... That's about all I've got for now.
Since it's warm enough, I would start with the bath and cleaning the
bedding at work and see what happens from there. It could be build up
from the trip and added stress of the trip causing more odor, or it
could be something else. If the problem persists, then it may be time to
check with a vet to see if there is a health reason.

Good luck!

Tami