[nagdu] City Hall experience.

Bridget Walker bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
Wed Jul 29 00:19:18 UTC 2015

I agree 100% Tami. This whole ID thing is crazy.
I would call if I were in this situation.
People interpreted the ADA however it benefits them. I think it's crazy.
So really, is it now the guide dog handler's problem that some person interrogates them because they are uneducated. When the handler educates the individual or entity they are told they are lying or faking their disability.
Why? Because a guide dog doesn't have a vest? Because a person who is blind doesn't always wear sunglasses? Because by law we don't need to prove anything with documentation or an ID? Because we are educated on our rights?
Do I think I have equality as a guide dog user? To be honest, it depends on where I am in my state.
When I am at school I do not feel like I have equality in the community. Restaurants and stores question me all the time. I could tell you disturbing stories.
I love upstate New York by Albany. I have been very lucky in that area with my guide.
I know I went a little off topic but, this is a good thread. The public is out of control. There is NO such thing as the service dog authorities. Let's get real.
Bridget

Sent from my iPad