[nagdu] GDF and Standard Poodles

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Fri Jun 19 21:34:45 UTC 2015

Just to set the record straight on GDF and our training of Poodles.

We are not accepting any new applications for Poodles at this time. We have a 5-year waiting list of people already accepted and needing Poodles and we want to serve them well before adding more people to our list.

It is incredibly difficult to find Poodles with solid temperament and physical characteristics to withstand guide work and the Poodle is not for everyone or every lifestyle and working need.

Our Poodles are reserved, when we do accept new applications, for those with documented allergies themselves or with immediate family members who live with them and have such documented allergies. Even then, the person’s lifestyle might not be right for a Poodle.

For those on this list who have wonderful and versitile Poodle guides, our hats are off to you and a big part of your dog’s ability to handle that versatility is your handling skill as well.

So, if you are looking for a Poodle, GDF should be removed from your list of possible schools, sadly at this time. Keep checking back with us but we fully expect this trend to continue into the foreseeable future.

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com

http://www.twitter.com/jeninems