[nagdu] Barking again...

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 13 15:21:52 UTC 2015

So I am back to dealing with Jenny every now and again barking in harness.  I have no idea what in particular is causing this most of the time.  I am not talking about her barking her displeasure at a drunk person reaching out to grab her, but just wanting to voice an opinion on something.
A couple things:
1) I don't know what is setting this off, so I can't set up training opportunities.
2) This is not a regular occurrence, but it happens often enough that I want to deal with it, rather than having it be a self-rewarding behavior.
3) Every once in a while she will bark (startled?) when she's been asleep at work, but for the most part this only ever happens outside, particularly when we are waiting for a bus.  I have only once gotten any verbal feedback ("oh, the dog doesn't like my green jacket!")
4) I have contacted the guide dog school for pointers, and am waiting on a phone call.

Would like any pointers!

Daryl