[nagdu] Wikki

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Mar 15 16:19:23 UTC 2015

I Debby.
Yes, I realized that last night.  Duh.  I'm pasting in my revision.
If people from other schools could put together something similar, I could
put up more.  Although I think adding info to Wikkipedia articles is
supposed to be easy.

The Seeing Eye, seeingeye.org, in Morristown New Jersey, 45 minutes
south-east of New York City.
Breeds used:  A roughly equal mix of German shepherds, labs, goldens, and
lab/golden crosses. The mix of breeds can vary widely from class to class.
Standard poodles or boxers are sometimes available for people with severe
dog allergies.
Ownership:  Full ownership is given to students upon graduation.  There is a
fee of $150 for first-time students and $50 for retrains.  The fee can be
paid in installments, if necessary.
Students per trainer:  4, usually working 2 at a time.
Class length:  For retrains, 17 days, starting Monday and ending on
Thursday.  First-time students stay another week, as can retrains needing
extra time.
Graduation ceremony:  No.
Puppy raiser contact:  No.
Follow-up:  Issues are usually handled over the phone, then in-person if
required.  Calls are usually returned within 24 hours.
Waiting list time after application:  Around 6 months.
Training methods:  Traditional praise and correction, with clicker training
to target things like doors or crosswalk signals.
Home training:  Yes, for graduates with special circumstances.
Multiple disability training: Yes sometimes, for graduates, determined on a
case-by-case basis.H