[nagdu] Tax deductions for dog food cost

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 21:18:16 UTC 2015

Hey Donna, Debby here.  We just jent through all the hassle of
getting all our medical info together, Neena's, mine and Craig's.
And we have some charitable deductions as well as interest on our
mortgage and real estate taxes.  But still, Craig is over 65 and
gets a higher standard deduction and I am blind, so that gives me
a higher standard deduction amount.  So we might not be able to
itemize anyway.  So when someone asks a tax question like, can I
deduct expenses for my guide dog, it's a complicated question.
When I worked for IRS, people would call and they'd want a simple
yes or no.  But there rarely is a simple answer when it comes to
taxes.  People would get impatient when I would start asking them
specific questions, but usually in the end, they were like, Oh
wow, ow hadn't thought of all of that.    Peace,    Debby