[nagdu] clarification on religious exemptions

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 27 19:00:25 UTC 2015

Hello:

I have performed as a soloist and in choirs in many churches for religious
and non-religious functions.  I have never had a problem.  Only once did
anyone question my right to have my dog.  Another choir was performing with
us and they didn't want my golden Taffy to be on stage with us.  My
director, as well as our entire choir,  said that Taffy was always with me
and if they didn't like it, they didn't have to sing with us.  For the two
nights of that concert, we sang without the soprano section of that other
choir.  That made the sopranos from our choir have to work harder but, my
golden Taffy was quite visible in the end of the front row and she guided me
when I stepped forward for my solo parts.  It really helps when your
director and choir members stick up for you too.  Good luck and enjoy
performing and having your dog with you.

Sandra and Eva