[nagdu] Revolving Paw

Kristen kskristen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 23:55:21 UTC 2015

Hi, everyone--

Lately, Corvette is being stubborn at times and using his paw to
his advantage when he doesn't want to go forward. Often, he will
put his front, right paw up on his leash--which I am holding
horizontally (usually on top of his harness)--not allowing him to
move. He will sit in place in that position at a standstill. When
I grab his paw in an attempt to put it back on the ground, it
will only "revolve" and immediately goes back to the exact, same
spot again. This happens both on and off the lead. The revolving
paw used to only occur when he was nervous at an unfamiliar
place, but it now happens more and more frequently, even at
familiar places or when I am taking him outside our front door to
relieve or be groomed. I've tried to refocus him with a
"Corvette, forward" command; however, I usually have to resort to
grabbing a sighted guide and walking with them while holding onto
him until he goes forward on his own. Any suggestions/tips?

Thanks!
--
Kristen