[nagdu] Super awesome followup!

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Thu May 7 15:57:02 UTC 2015

Hey, guys!
I had my second annual followup with Jenny and a BC Guide Dogs instructor.  For those who weren't here or don't remember last year's followup, basically... it went BADLY!  I was so worried about this year, based on last year's, and Jenny's under-control barking issue. But I didn't have to worry at all!

First off, I got a touch of the flu, so I was feeling really crummy.  To add to that, we had a spring snowstorm, with 4 inches of wet slushy snow covering the ground and still falling!  Jenny excels in these circumstances, and (with the exception of one pole sniff), was absolutely flawless!  She walked at a great pace, guided me around obstacles, even kept her head when a car zoomed through the intersection as we were crossing it.  She found the restaurant door, and even an empty chair!

I had a great chat with the trainer, who had trained guide dogs for over 20 years... he's seen it all.  When I was describing what I was doing to work with Jenn on our issues, he flat-out said, "\\\\\\\\\\\\Why am I here? You guys are FINE!"

We've come a long way, baby!

Daryl