[nagdu] Coughing?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Sat May 16 20:53:44 UTC 2015

Hey, everyone,

I did take Jenny to the vet this morning, and she has been diagnosed with kennel cough.  Thankfully, it's a long weekend this weekend, and I have no particular plans, so she can take this weekend to rest and recover while the worst of the symptoms run their course.  The vet said that the symptoms could last for up to two weeks, but the first five days or so are the worst.  Thankfully, she is behaving normally (eating, drinking, relieving) and is only slightly more sleepy than usual, and only coughing when she gets extremely excited about something or pulling on her harness/leash.

If I DO take her out with me, while this runs its course, she will be guiding wile wearing the Halti, and the leash is only there to obey city leash laws.  Also, her allergy medication is probably what is keeping the kennel cough from getting worse, because the anti-hystamine will tone down much of the coughing.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next couple weeks while Jenny recovers; we just can't seem to catch a break this spring!

Daryl