[nagdu] males and females

Shannon Dyer solsticesinger at gmail.com
Fri May 22 15:11:37 UTC 2015

Pam,

I’ve had three dogs, two females and a male. The differences I’ve noticed are more about personality than gender. Every dog is different, regardless of gender.

Personally, I prefer female dogs, but that’s because I have a deep-seeded fear of large, male dogs. I’ve encountered many that were aggressive, and, although I realize that’s how they were raised and they could have just as easily been females, I’m still afraid. My current guide is a small black lab. I was really afraid of him to start with, but I’ve had him for almost three years, and he’s super cuddly and affectionate, not at all aggressive. Still, the fear of other dogs persists, so female dogs would just be easier for me, I think.

Shannon and the Acelet