[nagdu] Extended train trip

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Thu May 28 08:31:11 UTC 2015

I have travelled between Boston MA and Portland OR, changing trains in
Chicago. Two years ago I took the train from Boston to Orlando for NFB. Most
trains take about ten minute stops to allow nicotine addicts to get their
fixes. I also have travelled between Seattle and Oakland CA.Conductors have
been very helpful about relieving the dog. I am quite fortunate that, as his
trainer put it, my dog is a camel. He dumps once a day, and has gone 36
hours, and pees only twice a day. My wife and I usually get a handicap
accessible sleeper, which has lots of room for him. Our first trip was from
Seattle to Oakland and we took a conventional sleeper. The dog was crammed
between my bed and the door...very tight.

I am 79 years old and not that mobile, which is why I was able to get the
handicap room at no extra cost. (I have an Amtrak credit card, and use the
points for travel. In August we are going out to Spokane, WA, for the world
SF convention, on points.)
Ed Meskys