[nagdu] Standing Heel position

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 21:33:51 UTC 2015

I struggle with this in my dog and with the finishing puppies at work.
How do you teach a dog to stand in heel position so that their
rear-end is not hanging out further than the rest of their body?

My dog has done this for a long time, probably since I've had him, and
I always find myself scooting his butt in close so that his rear's not
out in an isle. It doesn't happen so much as when he has his booties
on. He'll bring his front half close, but leave his tail-end hanging
out in people's way in stores, malls, etc. With the boots on, he does
all sorts of funny positioning things, but this one gets to me the
most.
I don't know how to show him not to do that without taking my hand and
pushing his butt in close.
Thanks.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs