[nagdu] Dog Ear Cleaning with Household Products?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 00:16:44 UTC 2015

I've used several different household products with success.
50/50 water and vinegar. You can use apple cider vinegar or white
vinegar, though ACV is less irritating to the skin and olfactories.
50/50 water and peroxide
1/4 tsp. of coconut oil. You can use refined or unrefined/virgin.
Unrefined has more nutrients, but I've used both with success. Coconut
oil is solid at room temp, but will soften once you insert it into the
ear. Massage it into the ear canal as usual.
2 drops of colloidal silver in each ear. Be sure to purchase 30 PBB
(parts per billion), as it is a higher concentration. I get Wellness
brand, whose bottle has a dropper for the cap.
Nowadays, I make a ear rinse/healing solution of 50/50 ACV and water,
grapefruit seed extract (nutribiotic brand), and Colloidal Silver. I
make it in a 4-ox mason jar, so my amounts are: 2 oz water, 2 oz ACV,
2 drops GSE, and 2 drops colloidal silver. It's a highly
antimicrobial, immune boosting, and cleansing solution.
I follow this rinse up with coconut oil.

I administer liquid solutions into the ear using an eye dropper that
holds a teaspoon of liquid.

I only use the liquid solution in the rare instance of an ear
infection. Other than that, I put coconut oil into his ear without
using liquid solution beforehand.
To check if there's any debris in his ear, I use a dry Kleenex, or a
Kleenex dampened with colloidal silver.Be sure to only clean out the
ear if there is dirt in it. If they're clean, don't clean them for the
sake of a ritual. Too frequent flushing and cleaning disturbs the
natural ear flora.
Hth.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs