[nagdu] dog distraction, continued

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 04:02:08 UTC 2015

It might work, Tracy.  But I've actually had to give Nova a
couple of really firm leash and verbal corrections, but it's
because it's my friends with their dogs who she sees all the
time.  She's pretty good about going by dogs in the neighborhood,
but dogs she sees a lot, she wants to greet all the time.  She'll
actually turn around to look at one of them if they come up
behind her.  I guess she feels like they're part of her pack now.
We ride the bus together, walk into work together, go to the room
where the dogs stay while we're out on the floor.  Maybe they
have some way of communicating with each other from their cages,
I don't know.  Finally today after two pretty stern verbal and
definitely firm leash corrections she settled down.  I'm glad she
doesn't act that way with strange dogs, but it's a pain in the
neck with her buddies.  Sigh.  If this keeps up, I may have to
call the school.    Debby and Nova