[nagdu] Flaming

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 17:14:06 UTC 2015

Marion,

You are a figurehead. All presidents are. When you don't put up a fuss, or
at least address things the way people think your organization should, you
will be criticized for it and badgered about it.

I am sending this message to the list for two reasons.

1.       That is flaming pure and simple. Raven, you are a very passionate
woman who knows a great deal, but if you operate totally with your heart and
not with common sense, you can cause a problem for us and, in the end, for
yourself. Stop it.

2.       2. As was stated, many of you are not NFB members. Now you are
welcome on this list and are welcome to express opinions. They are valued as
well. But to be on this list is a privilege not a right. We always hope you
will see fit to actually join, and the cost is not prohibitive. I think now
that unless someone has something to say that does not include flaming, I
will ask respectfully once again that the thread on the guide dog policies
of NFB centers cease. Honestly, if you have something to say, and if you go
through all of the messages on the three or so threads on this topic and
find it has not been said, then by all means say it. If we are going to get
upset and flame people, don't. Here's the thing. We are passionate about
something and we get more and more upset as we talk about it and pretty soon
we are flaming. Read the message, take a deep breath, and if you think the
message is fair to all concerned and is not flaming, send it. Be nice.
That's one of the guidelines.

3.       Respectfully,

4.       Cindy Lou Ray, Moderator

5.       cindyray at gmail.com <mailto:cindyray at gmail.com>